[Archers] Youth Target Archery Marshal Program

Peter G sailor_tech at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 09:23:33 PDT 2011

At Pennsic the marshalls work a blue (I think) baldric with a white arrow while
the marshall in charge of the entire range that time slot wore one with a gold
arrow. MiTs didn't wear a balderic, but were always near another marshall.
Suggestion only to not re-invent the wheel, although mimicing the other weapons
forms is also worthwhile.

Yitzchak

________________________________
From: John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com

Carrying on with this idea, how about a baldrick?  It is something that is easy
to put on and take off and is visible from all sides, i.e. front and back.  If
it were black with yellow edging it would follow the pattern of all marshal
tabards.  On the front we could put a single yellow arrow, perhaps point up.
Youth could wear the same and I should think it obvious that they were a youth
marshal instead of an adult marshal.  If people had "rank" within the archery
marshal community, knights marshal, regional marshal, DEM they could have bars
horizontal to the arrow shaft indicating their "rank", i.e. 1 for knights
marshal, 2 for regional, 3 for DEM.  On the other hand this could be carrying
the whole idea way too far!

Others may no or recall more of this but it seems to me that the archery
community tried to get crossed arrows for marshals passed before but there was
some "issue" about it either from the marshal (heavy) community or the heralds.

Now, to pour gas on the fire, do we really need to pass our distinguishing item,
baldric, favor, tabard, by the heralds as official?  Seems to me everyone in the
SCA is conditioned to accept that anyone wearing a baldric or tabard that
is black with yellow trim is a marshal.  Unless, I guess, they happend to also
be from Ansteora!

cog