[Archers] Loaner gear

Siegfried siegfried at crossbows.biz
Mon Jan 31 11:12:06 PST 2011

I applaud your local groups excellent job at maintaining high standards
of loaner equipment.

All that I can offer, is that not all groups in this day, seem to be
able to find the time to do similarly.  Besides finances not being where
one might like, it seems in this day and age that time is in short
supply as well.

For Highland Foorde I can state that our loaner equipment is definitely
not 'as good as what our own archers shoot'.  They are hand-me-downs,
bows are mostly fiberglass, strings are maintained to a safe/useable
state, and arrows are a mix of those found from events past, stragglers
from people's own collections (IE, down to 4 of that batch, donate
them), or leftovers from previous bulk purchases by the Barony
specifically for loaners, but which quickly get broken/lost leaving us
back in the stragglers state.