[Archers] Archery track at Winter University

Janyn Fletcher janynfletcher at comcast.net
Sat Jan 15 21:07:33 PST 2011

All, the winter university is drawing near on 5 March in Mineral Virginia. I
am leading the Archery track for this university and am asking for anyone
wishing to teach an archery course, to please let me know the title and a
brief description of the class. I will add you to the list of instructors
for the day. Currently I have attached the list of teachers we currently
have, would like to have a few more to round out the day.

Thanks!

Janyn

ARCHERY TRACK

Class Name

		Instructor

Fees

	Max # Students

1

	Target Archery 101

		Lord Godai

$0.00

	30

			Interested in Archery and have no idea about what
archery entails? Ready to learn the very basics: safety, bow types,
equipment needed and eye dominance? Archery 101 is designed for the beginner
archer in the SCA.

2

	Arrow Making 101

		Lord Janyn

$0.00

	30

			Ever wonder how to build beautiful arrows that are
also functional and fly true? Well this class is for you! Come see how to
build arrows that you can enjoy in the SCA and not go broke doing it.
Selection of shafts, fletching and points as well as finishing techniques
and tuning will all be covered.

3

	Archery Marshalling 101

	Lord Mungo

$0.00

	30

4

	Japanese Archery

		Lord Godai

$0.00

	30

			A history of the Japanese bow and arrow and their
use by the Samurai in early to late Medieval Japan.

5

	History of the Longbow

	Lady Katarizina

$0.00

	30

6

	How to run an Archery Event

	Lady Katarizina

$0.00

	30

7

	Youth Archery and getting started

Lady Katarizina

$0.00

	15

			This is directed at Parents who have children
interested in archery and those interested in a youth archery program in
their area. Discussion will include equipment, targets, range rules,
teaching teniques, etc