[Archers] More Broken Bows

Doug Munitz mermaids30 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 12 10:14:55 PST 2011

At an Outlands War many years ago,  I was wandering around the
merchants area when a gentleman selling
english longbows saw me eyeing the bows.  He came forward with one in
hand and let me inspect it.  all the while "selling" the product.
Back in those days, I had a really long pull and I asked him what the
draw length was on a handmade bow like this,  he did about a 28 inch
pull,
then pulled it back to his jawbone.  then he told me about the thumb
draw,  proceeded to do it, and the bow blew apart into three pieces.
the top limb hit me in
the chest,  (not hard)  and I caught it,  handed it back to him, and
asked him if he was alright.  he mumbled something to the effect of
yeah, sure, and picked up the
pieces and left.  Do I qualify for the order with this?

Sven