[Archers] On a differnt bow string

John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com
Wed Dec 7 15:00:55 PST 2011

Yeah, I could have said "On a different note" but this is the ARCHER'S list!

SAAD 2012 - The theme will be Bubba visits Scotland.  Yeah, Seamus in a
kilt!!!  Go crazy ladies.  BUT TO MY POINT....This year we are going to try
something new.  In truth it will be much like the Pennsic St. Sebastian
shoot at Pennsic.  OTHER PEOPLE will be encouraged to make targets/shooting
stations.  The archers will vote on which station they enjoyed the most and
the top three winners will win a prize.  I've laid out a few "rules" (I use
that word very sparingly) below.

-          The target/station must follow the theme of Bubba visits Scotland

-          Please design your station so novice shooters can get some points
but is still challenging to expert shooters

-          The MIC (that would be cog) reserves the right to adjust scoring
so no station is out of line for maximum points from the rest.

-          Stationary, moving, timed are all acceptable potentials

-          If your station is a timed station please design it for a time
duration of 30 - 45 seconds

-          I estimate we will need 10 - 12 field stations and 10 - 12 woods
walk stations

-          Please design your station so multiple archers can shoot at the
same time, i.e. groups of 4 as in the past

-          The station should be easy and quick to score

-          Please include a description including proposed scoring of your
proposed station when you submit it to me, cog

-          Please design your station with consideration that it will have
to be next to or in line with other stations, i.e. no shooting in the round.
There are space limitations.

Submit any and all ideas to cog at cogworks AT traid DOT rr DOT com

SAAD 2012 has been spiked so is on the kingdom calendar.  As the theme is
Bubba visits Scotland I should think kilts are in order for the men.  Ladies
too if you choose.  Hey!  We might even have a "best knees under the kilt"
contest!

Seamus McGrey

Cog's Scottish brother