[Archers] [MR] Crossbow stock rule interpretation

Garth G. Groff ggg9y at virginia.edu
Tue Apr 26 11:51:46 PDT 2011

Lord Stefan, Greetings.

Yes, it is a Society-level rule: "Simple rear sights are allowed. Front
sights are not allowed." You find it under "Equipment
Standards/Crossbows" at:
http://www.sca.org/officers/marshal/docs/t_archery/target_archery_rules.pdf
.

In the case of this crossbow, the front sight would have to be removed.
One assumes it is probably screwed or bolted in place. Too bad if this
crossbow is an accurate model of an original from our period that was
made with two sights, but those are the rules.

Kind regards,

Lord Mungo Napier, Archer of Mallard Lodge