[Archers] A sneak peek.

loreleielkins at aol.com loreleielkins at aol.com
Thu Apr 14 07:27:14 PDT 2011

http://www.saad.geffrei.com/

I broke into the MiC's house while he and his Lady were away and stole a peek at the upcoming shoots happening at the Southern Atlantian Archery Day.  Shhhh....don't tell him. (wink)

A Friday Night Shoot (yes, in the dark....but I could not discover any details about it. Drat.)

- Matches: By shooting the "match" you extinguish the flame and save the camp. Static, three distances, three shafts per distance.

- Eggs: The mis-colored Phoenix is an impostor. It has laid its eggs among the good Phoenix's eggs. You must shoot the bad eggs to prevent them from hatching. 6 shafts, one shaft per grouping.

- Scotsmen: The diabolical Scotsman is trying to set the camp on fire and he has brought friends.  You have to shoot the Scotsmen before they can light their fires.  Each target has three scoring areas. Only one shaft counts per scoring area per Scotsman.  Nine shafts, three shafts allowed per Scotsman.

- Swinging Cubes: Each cube has a good Phoenix on two sides and a bad phoenix on two sides. You must hit the bad phoenix. All shooters in groups must shoot at the same time. This is a timed shoot.  As many shafts as you can get off in time allowed - 45 seconds.

- Clout: Three targets ranging from about 75 yards to 125 yards. You may shoot at any or all targets.  6 shafts (This station has a kids and youth scoring)

- Running Donkey: The donkey is part of setting the camp on fire. He will be running left to right across your range.  You may shoot at the donkey as soon as he leaves his hiding place and stop when he finds his new hiding place. As many shafts as you can get off in time allowed.  Moving, timed target.

- Bubba and the Scot/Pendulum: The target is behind the swinging pendulum. You must shoot for score until the pendulum stops and hides the target from view.  As many shafts as you can get off in time allowed.  Moving, timed target.

- Shoot through the Murder Hole: You have found a small murder hole in the side of the castle.  You must shoot through the hold to hit your target.  Six shafts, stationary.

- Edward's Ring Shot: Your challenge here is to shoot the scoring dots through the rings hanging in front of them.  Six shafts.

- Archers Slot/Castle Main Gate: You are outside the castle trying to shoot its defenders inside.  You see a target behind an archer slot or just inside the main gate.  Six shafts stationary.

These are just what I found out about the field stations.  Rumor has it there will be at least 10 targets in the woods in a "hunt style" shoot.

And all this finished off with a fantastic potluck dinner and amazing Bardic...PLUS A&S.  I'm about to faint, someone catch me.

http://www.saad.geffrei.com/

TH Lady Lorelei Greenleafe

Please cross-post as you see fit.