[Archers] I'd like to point out.....

Jay Nardone jaynardone at comcast.net
Wed Sep 15 17:12:27 PDT 2010

Lorelei all great points! I would like to add that one of the biggest issues
I see is the lack of understanding by many autocrats. I know we have
discussed this but I would like to see implement some way to train autocrats
on the new safety rules and why we can't simply "stuff" archery in the back
40 anymore just because they want it out of the way. Not finger pointing
here at all but I have personally witnessed this on numerous occasions again
this year. After talking with the autocrats, they were unaware of the new
rules changes and why we needed a more suitable area. I would hate to pile
another requirement on autocrats but I'm seriously wondering if we can get
them to take the archery marshal's class or hold a special one so they can
understand the safety aspects. My shoot in October in the Barony is
basically being left up to us marshal's of each activity to work out
concerning the layout of the site. I have repeatedly asked that this be
worked out prior to us all getting there. I submitted my layout and
suggestion and fear it will be a free for all when we all get there.

I think if we can get them more involved with us, they will understand our
needs better...

Janyn