[Archers] Thank you

Holly Gibbons holly0920 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 08:05:10 PDT 2010

Greetings to all archers of the list and beyond.

I am deeply grateful, humbled, and made glad by your kind comments about our
recent shoot in the fair lands of Storvik. I cannot let these words lay
unquestioned without adding that the shoot would never have taken place without
the extensive assistance of two kind and humble gentlemen that I would now like
to name and thank.

Fen of Needwood Forest spent the entire hot day on friday with me and our trusty
equipment (range finder, protractor, and police tape,) laying out the site and
protecting the archery range from the now-expected camping incroachments and
other nonsense we archery marshalls must deal with! He also pounded mercilessly
the endless numbers of stakes and rebars so I could save my back.

Geoffrey of Needwood Forest spent the entire hot day on sunday taking down the
whole range and putting all the supplies and targets away for our next fun
shoot. He also aided enlessly with target-making and endured more discussions of
targets and such in the weeks before the event than any mere mortal should be
subjected to.

Neither of these hard-working gentles shot the shoot for score. They felt their
involvement would give some measure of advantage, no matter how infintesimally
small, and they spent the day promoting the general welfare and fun of all the
other archers there present. Endless thanks would be too few by far.

Nuala of Needwood