[Archers] Archers Digest, Vol 84, Issue 21

Holly Gibbons holly0920 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 12:10:32 PDT 2010

Perhaps I am confused or perhaps conventions are different in the other forms of
martial activities in the sca . . . but I have to ask why a barony's own
fighters would expect to fight at their own event while their "guests" from
other baronies are expected to marshall it! Mundane etiquette would have it the
other way around - -  that a host entertains thier guests, no? Certainly in
archery, the hosting barony's marshalls put on the shoot for the pleasure of the
visiting archers form around the kingdom, not the other way around. Just
wondering.

If we are at Holiday Faire, (but not Chalice, sadly) Geoffrey of Needwood and
I will be happy to help alongside all the other archery marshalls.  Nuala