[Archers] forwarded - Archery Senario at Midnight at the Oasis III

loreleielkins at aol.com loreleielkins at aol.com
Tue Sep 7 06:08:53 PDT 2010

Attn:  Archers,

The Archery Scenario at Midnight at the Oasis III is a challenging one this year.  Please come to the event and support archery while having a great time.
Our wonder archer marshal this year is Baroness Labhaiose.  If you have any questions you can contact her at labhaoise at yahoo.com

Sept. 24-26, 2010 – MATO III – Beyond the Silk Road
Canton of Nimenefeld, Apex, NC

Please join us for our third annual Midnight at the Oasis.  There will be much celebrating for this year we will be traveling down the Silk Road.  Website:  http://nimenefeld.windmastershill.org/mato2010

ARCHERY SCENARIO:

In the year 1000, The Sasanian king Bahram V was challenged to feats of archery by his favorite lyre player, Azadeh. With great skill, Bahram "Gur" (Wild Ass) shot an arrow that removed the horns of a male gazelle, transforming his appearance into that of a female, and shot two arrows into the head of a female gazelle, transforming her appearance into that of a male. Then pierce a third through the ear and hoof with a single arrow. This is a story written by the poet Firdausi. This year we will try to achieve this same feat. As always Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult and I will have some loaner gear.

Cost:

Admission

Feast

Adult, Member

$12.00

$8.00

Adult, Non-Member

$17.00

$8.00

Youth (5-17)

$7.00

$8.00

Child (0-4)

Free

Free

Make Checks Payable To: SCA, Inc., Canton of Nimenefeld

Site Restrictions: All pets must be on a leash AND attended by a responsible person. No fishing in Pond. Anyone caught supplying alcohol to minors or in any way violating modern law will be removed from site and reported to modern authorities. Fires must be in reliable metal fire pits. No ground fires.

Feast Information: Feast is being prepared by Edward Kinslae. Please contact him with questions regarding the feast at 919-815-3305

Merchanting Information: Merchants are welcome, Jodocus Menig von Badenweiler – frankmenius at yahoo.com

Autocrat: Zita Dominguez – 7537 Newt Country Lane, Fuquay Varina, NC 27526 – 919-795-0827 - bherman at wrightsbuilding.com

Reservations: Adelheid Menig von Badenweiler – 204 Shoals Lane, Garner, NC 27529 – 919-779-1680 - erikamenius at yahoo.com

Site: Optimist Farm. 2908 Optimist Farm, Apex, NC 27539

Directions