[Archers] Known World Archery Championship - was: Re:E.Gads and Pennsic

Gordon Kinnie am_piobaire at comcast.net
Thu Oct 28 03:29:21 PDT 2010

Last Pennsic, I sponsored and ran a novelty shoot. The time of the shoot was
determined by the range time.  It had to start at 6:00pm no earlier.
I had a total of 12 archers at my shoot, which was great because novices,
new shooters won the award arrows I had made.
  This year I will run another single target shoot.  I will also get this
one into the schedule, I hope, but again it will have to be run before war
points start in the first week or in the evening.

I also have an idea to run a multiple kingdom event using the existing
targets at the range to make things easier on the Atlantian archers.  If
well received, we could change it each year and begin to bring our targets..
This would be more than I can do on my own and I would need kingdom backing
for prizes and Marshalls to help.

The shoot.

Kingdoms may field as many teams as they wish, but each team will be made up
of four archers and must include a Crossbow, Longbow, Period bow and recurve
as defined in the IKAC. (all the excepted types of archery bows in SCA)

Only use the advancing man range and the arrow slot range.

Advancing man range-Timed shoot 40 seconds, must hit the image, no weapons
or shields count and must shoot at each range once and hit the Target or
backer before doubling up. (1 point for the close, two for the next etc)

Castle Slot range-Timed shoot 20 seconds, only slots count.

Highest team score wins.

This is just an idea, and I would be willing to do this if I get kingdom
backing.

Godai