[Archers] Pennsic

Holly Gibbons holly0920 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 27 18:16:53 PDT 2010

Dear beloved Archer-Devotees of the list:

A couple of clarifications, if I may.

(1) When I say the "back 40" behind the trailers, I mean way back in the area
where there are about 40 trailers, not right behind the archery tents where
there are two trailers. Which area did you try to use before, Janyn?

(2) The need to restrict the sheer number of archers is not just an issue of
target-life. I am sorry if I left that impression. A novelty populace shoot open
to every archer at Pennsic is WAY beyond the scope of what any of us can handle
in terms of time and effort. There is already a populace shoot: in place at
Pennsic -- it is the war points targets. I am interested in seeing a
challenging, difficult shoot for a kingdom/individual championship separate from
that.

This may well be the point at which all our discussions fall apart, as Dealla
says they have in the past - - we all have a different vision of what this shoot
should look like and we all apparently have a different vision of what the very
purpose of this shoot is.

To reiterate: I am interested in working for those Atlantian Archers who are
shut out of the championship shoot because the East only takes 7 of us - - when
we all know Atlantia has enough fine archers to field a team of 30 ourselves
(and win it all.) I want to see an expert-level individual and kingdom
championship shoot that is completely outside the realm of the war, of the war
points, of the East/Mid monopoly of archery at Pennsic.

Somehow the numbers have to be imited - - I just threw out royal rounds as a
non-political, non-subjective measure. You could say bowmen and above, you could
say top 20 who are at Pennsic....whatever. Just make it objective.

When I was an Archer or a Marksman, it was enough to shoot the populace points
at Pennsic and a couple of novelty shoots. I had no expectation or need of being
on a champions team. But now I see what is really happening: our very, very top
archers in Atlantia are not "chosen" for the East's team. It is degrading and
demoralizing and leads many fine archers to avoid Pennsic altogether. This is
not right!

So I am driven to correct this wrong. I'm really not looking for a way to add to
my work load before OR at Pennsic, believe me.

Nuala of Needwood Forest