[Archers] Pennsic

loreleielkins at aol.com loreleielkins at aol.com
Wed Oct 27 14:18:46 PDT 2010

Many thanks for your efforts in getting this going, Rowan! Those of  you who have been doing Pennsic longer than I, will have a better idea what is involved to get the ball rolling.  I don't mind being the contact person, although if Earl Mica wouldn't mind putting the bug in the East KEM that would be appreciated.  Mica also listed out most of the details that will need to be taken care of to run a Novelty shoot.  This, I do know something about, having run, or co-run Southern Atlantian Day since we began that a few years ago.  It is a lot of work!

What we are basically talking about is running a day long archery event in the middle of Pennsic.  That takes a whole lot of coordination and volunteers.  How many of you are willing to give up two of your Pennsic days to make this happen?  I think the least of our worries would be getting the targets there, since enough of us have a garage full of targets we could easily toss in the van or strap to the roof of the car.  But, we need to set the range, run the range and take down the range.  Lots of logistics involved in that alone.  Who will provide the prizes?  How will the scoring be done, etc.

This needs to be a quality, coordinated effort. If it has the Atlantian stamp on it, it can be no less. I will be at Holiday Fair this year, if some of you want to take some time to chat about this in person and get some details ironed out.  I think we can make it happen.  We've got a lot of talented individuals in our group.  If we spread out the responsibilities than no one or two people will be stuck with the majority of the work. (Did I mention I promised my husband I wouldn't "work" this Pennsic?  :-)  I made no such promises about BEFORE Pennsic. )

Lets keep moving forward on this.