[Archers] shooting opportunities: seasonal, winter, IKAC

loreleielkins at aol.com loreleielkins at aol.com
Wed Nov 3 05:32:08 PDT 2010

There are a couple opportunities for shooting something a little different this winter.  First, we have the Winter Challenge: http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/wint.html Atlantia has participated in this in the past.

IKAC, just get out and do them. They are a lot of fun.  I think we just did one or two last year locally.  We tend not to because we often have new or beginner archers who see the IKAC as a daunting task.  We'll have to get them over that.  (Eirik, if you want to have a monthly IKAC shoot on a Baronial level, we can set that up.)

Also, we have our Atlantian seasonal challenge.  We had our summer challenge, which didn't get much participation. During the summer months people are usually busy with a ton of other things, but we are over due for our Fall Challenge.  Anyone want to come up with one?  The scoring should be straight forward and the targets easy to understand and reproduce for all areas.  Let's see what we can come up with this week and I'll post it before the weekend.

Lorelei

PS  The Summer Seasonal Challenge (The Circle Shoot - http://www.scores-sca.org/public/scores_current.php?R=2&Shoot=54) had only 6 participants.  Gregge the Archer took first (and only) place for the crossbow with 60 points.  Geoffrey and Nuala of Needwood tied for first place for Handbow.  Ceridwyn of Needwood Forest won first (and only) youth category for Handbow.  Roshu of Rocksbury Mills took second place for Handbow and Breccan of Needwood Forest too third for Handbow.