[Archers] Fletchers: Table at June University

Garth G. Groff ggg9y at virginia.edu
Mon May 24 04:55:37 PDT 2010

Noble friends of the feathered shaft:

My thanks to those who brought arrows to show at the Atlantian Archery
Championship. We had a total of four participants, and the arrows did
stir some interest.

Our next opportunity will be at the June Atlantia University. We have a
table reserved during the lunch break. The display will tie in well with
Lord Tnek's class on building medieval arrows. Your medieval arrows
would be great, but modern target arrows are also most welcome. If you
would care to show off any of your work on the table, please drop them
off at the beginning of the lunch period.

Since this will probably be in the cafeteria, we cannot leave the arrows
unwatched for the safety of curious children. I will be pleased to sit
at the table during lunch, and would enjoy the company of other
fletchers, either just to drop by and introduce yourselves or to sit a
while and talk fletching and archery with the populace. I do not plan to
attend a class in the period right after lunch, and will use that time
to strike the table. Arrows should be picked up at 1:30. Otherwise, I
can return them at Lord Tnek's class.

So far, I have not had any luck arranging a fletching category in any
A&S competitions. They all seem to be themed events, and arrows are
welcome if they fit the theme, but not in their own category. I will
continue to work on this.

In your service, and in the service of Atlantian archery

Lord Mungo Napier, Shire of Isenfir Target Archery Marshal