[Archers] Atl-atl points

Mike Matthews michaelstuart at gmail.com
Thu May 20 07:40:30 PDT 2010

I like the small surform rasp (see picture at
http://www.qualitydist.net/sty-21-115.html) for bow making,
so it should make quick work of tapering your shafts to fit
the 23/64 points.

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but bodkin points are perfectly
legal for target archery; it's only broadheads (with razor edges for hunting)
that are not allowed.

Bodkins are relatively easy to forge and can be made with a socket
to fit whatever size shaft you have. Check with your local blacksmith.
Mild steel works well and they don't even need heat treating. I can forge
one in less than an hour and probably with practice it would be around
15 minutes each or less.

Eirik Gralokkr
Charlesbury Crossing, Barony of Sacred Stone