[Archers] Specifically, the 'written exception' rule

jmu1861 at aol.com jmu1861 at aol.com
Fri Mar 5 18:50:44 PST 2010

I received my copy of the Acorn two days ago.  The new policy is in there.  It is official even if you haven't gotten your copy yet.

I am still mostly clueless as to exactly how to use the rules.  I also wish we could keep mathematician/lawyers from writing our rules.  Good lord.  Everyone on this list has posted excellent reasons why this new policy is confusing, unworkable and ignores variables such as barriers, type of shoot and bows (20lb. youth bows v. 100 lb. longbows).

We do not have an archery practice in my area of Windmaster's Hill because we have no range and few marshals.  I recently bought a new house with pastures.  While I have marked out a safe range, I do not think it qualifies under these rules for an official practice.  Too bad.  I will have to shoot alone now because I am not foolish enough to accept the liability for others on my property.

btw, would any of you let me stand ten feet to the left of your line and ten feet in front of it?  Am I reading these rules wrong, or would that be allowed?

Geoffrey ~