[Archers] Stierbach indoor archery practice and is new rule correctly numbered?

Lady Esperanza Lady_Esperanza at cox.net
Sun Mar 7 21:02:32 PST 2010

I talked to Lord Allen of Wolfhou today and asked in writing for a
waiver for Stierbach indoor archery practice. I was told that a waiver
was not needed as 3.9.3.2.3 is still in place:

*3.9.3.2.3* Physical barriers such as a hill, permanent solid backstop,
a wall, etc can be used to reduce the amount of safety zone needed.
However, the barrier must completely cover the safety zone in order to
count. A small barrier that could be shot around is not sufficient.

I did just notice that the new rule is listed as 3.8.3.2.5, in our email
threads and in the Acorn. Is it really supposed to be 3.9.3.2.5? The
Target Archery section starts at 3.9, with Safety Zones being 3.9.3.2.
If it is supposed to be 3.9.3.2.5 it would end up after:

*3.9.3.2.4* Archery netting can not be used to reduce safety ranges, but
is encouraged to help archers recover missed arrows.

And before:

*3.9.3.3* Bows & Crossbows may not be carried downrange.

Wouldn't 3.8.3.2.5 be put it in between these two? Even then it doesn't
really fit as there would be missing numbers.

*3.8.3.2* All Youth Fighters ten (10) years of age and under must have
at least one (1) responsible adult (per 3.8.3.1) by the list at all
times while the Youth Fighter is engaged on the list field. All Youth
Fighters eleven to seventeen (11-17) must have a responsible adult (per
3.8.3.1) on site while the youth is engaged on the list field. The
responsible adult never relinquishes responsibility for the minor. The
marshals, MOLs, or any other SCA officials do not take responsibility
for the minor during YC activities. It is strongly encouraged that when
the responsible adult is not required to be list side that they stay
within eye sight of the list field while the minor is engaged in YC
activities.

*3.8.3.3* Once a Youth has been authorized to participate in Adult
Combat-Related Activities, the youth is no longer permitted to
participate in the Youth Fighter Program.

Lady Esperanza