[Archers] Tips was: Re: Safety advice on atal-atals andcrossbows

Alexandratos, Jerry (NIH/NCI) [E] alexanje at mail.nih.gov
Wed Jun 30 16:16:12 PDT 2010

The Aztecs were a flint and obsidian based culture, as I recall, using both in tools and weapons.  Oddly enough, they knew about the wheel but did not use it for transportation.  The speculation is that they did not have large enough animals to pull carts.  Not a historian, so take all of this with a grain of... maize.  Is this far enough off topic?  Okay, they did use the bow and arrow, so the denizens of this list may consider them "civilized".

Jerry/Gerasimos