[Archers] Fwd: Seasonal Challenge

John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com
Fri Jun 25 05:19:21 PDT 2010

OK, my two cents worth.  Use the small paper plates you can buy at Sam's
or similar store.  They are cheap, no construction required plus they
are a standardized size for all and easily accessible.  Mount them as
suggested but far enough away from each other so that if an arrow sticks
between two plates it can not touch both, i.e. 1/2 inch.  That way the
targets are a bit larger and they would still fit on a 36 inch butt as
Siegfried mentioned.  And for a newbie, if they hit the butt they stand
a good chance of scoring some points.  I still remember and can see in
my mind's eye newbies doing the happy dance just because they were able
to actually hit the butt at 20 yards (I remember my happy dance first
time I did!).

cog