[Archers] seasonal challenge compromise

loreleielkins at aol.com loreleielkins at aol.com
Fri Jun 25 05:25:48 PDT 2010

Hello All,

 How's this?  Shot at 20 yards instead of 25 and use 10 inch circles for the outside and a 8 inch circle for the center? We can put them all 6 inches apart. If this is too big for some butts than we can back it with foam or cardboard.

Its difficult to balance a shoot so that both the beginner and more experienced archers feel accomplished yet challenged.  If you look back at some of our other Seasonal Challenges, they were pretty tough.  Remember this is a "Challenge", it shouldn't be too easy, yet I understand we want to include our newer archers.

So the Challenge would read:

Circle Shoot:  2010 Summer Seasonal Challenge

Shot at 20 yards

Place one 8” circle in the center of the target.
Place 5 other 10” circles 6"  from the edge of themiddle circle - like the spokes of a wheel.

Round 1: 12arrows/bolts
Outside circles count 2 pts. (multiple hits count) and theinside circle counts 5 pts.  The centercircle can only be scored after hitting all 5 outside circles.  Maximum points 45.

Round 2: Timedend, 45 seconds with the same scoring.