[Archers] Archery/Atlatl Range Schedule for Drums of War

loreleielkins at aol.com loreleielkins at aol.com
Tue Jun 15 04:43:46 PDT 2010

Greetings archers and atlatlists!

The archery range at Drums of War will open at 9:30.  If you are an MIT looking for experience, please give me a shout at LoreleiElkins at aol.com.  I could use some extra help with inspections and such.

We'll have open shooting throughout the day except for the following times:

10:00 I'll run a Beginning Archery for Kids class.  Parents of kids under 12, please be present for this class, or send a responsible adult along with your child.  Older youth, you are welcome to take the Beginning Archery for Adults at 11:00.   I will have some gear for people to borrow, but you'll have to share.  (If anyone has loaner gear for kids or adults, I would appreciate you bringing it.)

The Adult prize shoot will be at 1:30

The Youth prize shoot will be at 2:00 ish

Royal Rounds will start at 2:30ish but I'll have RR targets set up throughout the day if some people want to do it earlier (for both Atlatl and Archery), if we have an extra marshal handy.

Those of you familiar with the Elchenburg Castle site, the archery field will be across the pond from the farm house, accessible to the RIGHT of the pond.  The cattle fence is HOT (electrified) so don't got testing it with your hands to see if it is on, walk through the cattle gate and up the hill.  There will be a beautiful site map at Gate, so you should have no trouble finding us.

I'll have water and shade, but please bring a chair if you want to hang out for the day.  I think you'll like the new archery site, it is very lovely.

Hope to see you on the range.

Lorelei Greenleafe
MIC, Archery - Drums of War