[Archers] Rules and Web sites and "making sense of things"

loreleielkins at aol.com loreleielkins at aol.com
Mon Jul 19 04:14:55 PDT 2010

Greetings to the list,

I love how you guys wait until I'm out of town to have these discussions so I have to read through dozens of emails before I can respond.  Luckily, by the time I get to the end of the emails, you've mostly solved everything!   I thank our previous DEMs for shedding some light on these important topics and all of you who offer your ideas and input.

We do indeed have some work ahead of us and this is the perfect place to bring those topics to light.  I've never been a fan, nor a member of the secred hand-shake club and prefer transparency in everything we do, so bring on the discussions. You have my word that I will make no changes during my tenure without due input from the community they affect.

The Blue Pages seem to be updating now (Thank you Baron Vlad) and hopefully will continue to do so.  I have been promised that the Earl Marshal's page: http://marshal.atlantia.sca.org/ will update soon as well.

A few individuals have contacted me about rules needing updating, some inaccuracies, etc.  Please know that these will not be ignored.  Yes rules are necessary, yes they need to be easy to understood, readily available and not conflicting. (Yes there are conflicts.)  Looks like we have our work cut out for us. Volunteers?

Just so you know, I've asked Reyne to look over atlatl rules and practices with input from the atlatl community.  I've asked Katarzyna to lead the youth archery "program". (More on that later.)  Mungo has written a very comprehensive MIT class outline and has offered his Journalism skills in writing/rewriting anything that should need it.  Christophe and Allen both have great MIT class outlines as well, all of which will be made available to Teaching Marshals. I'm in the process of writing a DEM "handbook" to help new DEMs and Emergency DEMs as they take over the position. Atlantia's archery website is the Jewel of the Known World and the envy of all, thank you Jonathas for that, and to Gregge for keeping the scores pages updated. Others have offered their help with various things in the short time I have been in this position and I thank you all wholeheartedly for that.  Progress has been made and we'll continue to address things as they come  up.  Keep the communication lines open.  As always, contact me by email or by phone if you need me or have idea, concerns, etc.  (336) 577-3567

Lorelei
DEM