[Archers] Dropped arrows rule

Garth G. Groff ggg9y at virginia.edu
Fri Aug 27 07:46:08 PDT 2010

Lord Siegfried,

Thanks for the clarification. On searching my failing memory, I think
counting a dropped arrow as a shot was the way we did it in college (a
very long, long time ago!). That was then, this is now.

When it comes to making more rules, I completely agree with you. That
could go on ad nauseum. And since there is now no rule concerning this,
it is better to let sleeping dogs lie.

As for stooping over to pick up dropped arrows, I'm still against this
purely as a safety matter. What I don't want to see is any archer on my
line rooting around under somebody else's legs for an arrow. And if an
arrow is beyond the archer's lead foot, I want it to stay there. Your
bolt quiver is a different situation than I was thinking of, and the
same is true for drawing arrows from ground quivers.

Kind regards,

Lord Mungo Napier, Shire of Isenfir Target Archery Marshal.