[Archers] Candidates for DEM

John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com
Tue May 5 13:23:08 PDT 2009

We are currently seeking candidates for the office of Deputy Earl
Marshal for Target Archery in Atlantia.  I have held this position for
the past two years and feel it is time to step down and let another
assume the role.  DEM of Target Archery involves maintaining the list of
active marshals, reporting this information to the Atlantian Earl
Marshal, and promoting archery kingdom wide.  The position also requires
you to manage/assist in the selection of archers to shoot in the Masters
Shoot at Pennsic yearly.  This position requires some computer
familiarity, i.e. maintaining email lists, navigating the scores
database, entering and updating marshal information, etc.  This position
has a term of two years, with the option of an additional term at the
discretion of the Earl Marshal.  You will also need a deputy to stand in
for you when you are not available.

If you are interested in applying for this position please email your
intent and answers to the questions below to myself at
cogworks at triad.rr.com and the Atlantian Earl Marshal Kynnyth at
scacynwrig at yahoo.com .  Please include your contact information,
membership number and expiration date, email address and phone number.
Please have all responses back to us by the end of June for
consideration.

Christophe of Grey
DEM Target Archery Atlantia

Questions:

1.  There is an ongoing discussion of crossbows shooting against hand
bows with the suggestion that each bow type should have their own
division and not shoot against each other.  What is your position on
this and why?

2.  What are your thoughts on the current Royal Round system and why?

3.  What are your thoughts on IKACs and why?

4.  What would you do to bring more youth into target archery in
Atlantia?

5.  What are your thoughts on the Royal Archer and Kingdom Archery
Champion positions and why?

6.  What are your thoughts on the Seasonal Challenge and the Challenge
shoots now available in the kingdom scores database?

7.  What is your position on atlatls and why?

8.  What is your position on blow guns and why?

9.  During my term in office my deputy was in the north and I was in the
south.  How would you cover the entire kingdom of Atlantia?