[Archers] Archery MiC needed for Highland River Melees

Siegfried siegfried at crossbows.biz
Sat Apr 11 07:31:46 PDT 2009

Unto all Target Archery Marshals of Atlantia ...

Highland Foorde is in need of a Target Archery Marshal to run the
activities at this year's Highland River Melees.

(It turns out that all of our marshals are either semi-inactive, or are
running for Baron & Baroness)

To that end, we have need to drop to our knees and beg for assistance.

If you are willing and able to do this, Highland Foorde (and myself
personally) will be ever so grateful.

I will be able to provide for you a plethora of targets, stands, etc
from the Baronial Archery Target coffer to be used in whatever manner
you so wish.

Do note (those who have attended HRM before will know), that this *IS*
besides a large SCA event, a large SCA demo as well.  (It's a public
park, we can't kick the public out, so we embrace them)

Which does lead to some amount of 'demo' work needing to be done.  From
making sure that people have the archery explained to them (general
archers/marshals who are wandering around are usually good about this)
... to also potentially having some 'Try it yourself' periods of time
set aside, where you let the public shoot away with Highland Foorde's
loaner equipment.

If you are interested, please contact me at your earliest convenience.