[Archers] Archers Digest, Vol 63, Issue 3

Mike Matthews michaelstuart at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 10:25:39 PST 2008

I like the idea. I would suggest though that all teams be required to keep
to the 3-bow-type format. What I have seen at SCA shoots over the years is
an awful lot of fiberglass bows of one type or another, and not so many
period bows or crossbows. It would be nice to set up this shoot to encourage
greater use of the period bow types. I would also suggest that in addition
to the donation to charity, it might be nice if we could also offer one or
more archery-related prizes (perhaps arrows, etc) to the winners directly. I
won't know until the summer whether I will be able to make Pennsic this
year, but I think it's a great idea and I hope it works out.

Eirik