[Archers] Pennsic novelty shoots

John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com
Tue Aug 26 05:49:52 PDT 2008

I am sure many of you have been following the discussion about next
year's Pennsic archery, the moving of the range and the paucity of
novelty shoots.  Some discussion was going on this year during the
masters shoot about novelty shoots at Pennsic.  For me personally, the
only year I recall having an interesting variety of novelty shoots is
when Sir Mika carted a Viking ship and other things to shoot at to
Pennsic.  So, to follow up on discussions started at this year's master
shoot at Pennsic, I would like to take a poll on this list.  Is there
interest in the Atlantian archery community designing, running and
organizing novelty shoots for the full two weeks of Pennsic, pending
next year's range marshal's approval?  I can think of lots of ideas that
do not require targets as elaborate as Sir Mika's Viking ship but are
still more interesting to shoot at than plain, unmarked Saunders mats.
Let me know your interest off list at cogworks at triad.rr.com .  If there
is sufficient support I will pose the idea to the Pennsic marshal.

cog