[Archers] FW: [yewbow] Re: Royal Round web site

Jim Bishop II catmajick at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 19 11:50:51 PST 2006

In my opinion, we should add a rank to that effect, but I do not feel that
Ludicrous Bowman should be the verbage. In the 14th and 15th centuries,
there was an obscure order of bowmen which were exclusive in their entries.
There is very little documentation to the existence of this guild, but it is
there none the less.
The Order of St. Jude was so elite, that in order for anyone to graduate and
be permitted to leave the halls, once they were admitted, was to shoot 5
consecutive arrows through the eye slot of a Great Helm from 50 yds. While I
am not suggesting the creation of a new Order, based upon a period guild,
what I am suggesting is that the ranking be more fitting of this kind of
venture. We could use the ranking of Master Bowman for this, and consider
these archers graduates of the archers community. Once having achieved this
rank, if they are not already members of the Order of the Yew Bow, should be
and we can petition the Crown to consider this.

These are just my tupence and I hope is considered helpful.

Menua