[Archers] Archers for Potomac Celtic Festival

pjdarby at comcast.net pjdarby at comcast.net
Sun Mar 27 16:19:53 PST 2005

CALLING ALL ARCHERS --For the fourth straight year I will be hosting an archery demonstration for the (http://www.potomaccelticfest.org) Potomac Celtic Festival in Leesburg, Virginia on June 11 and 12 (Saturday and Sunday) and I am looking for Archers to help out. While I hope that most can make it for both days, if you can only make one day, it will still help.  We do three 45 minute shows a day, shooting about 15 yards or so.  The rest of the time is spent talking to people about Medieval archery, Fletching, Bow making, the SCA and archery technique.  Oh yes we also take breaks to enjoy the various celtic performers, pipers, crafters and  of course food.  If you can shoot a longbow, and/or talk arrows, bows, archery and their use in the medieval ages then send me(Baron Colum Maxwell) an email   Baron at Steirbach.org.  If you aren't sure but would like to talk to someone who has done it before, a partial list is Ignacio (old spelling) Earl Mika, Sir Tenek and of course me to name a few.  In the next few weeks I will be at Coronation, Defending the Gate, and Crown tourney among others.