[Archers] Royal Round Rules

Siegfried Sebastian Faust crossbow at freeshell.org
Fri Dec 19 08:21:27 PST 2003

>item 1A4 - I would still prefer to call it a 'timed' round instead of a
>'speed' round. Speed gives the idea that you have to go very fast when all
>you need ot do is go as quickly as your individual skills allow within the
>allocated time. I think that this concept should be used everywhere we
>define and conduct a shoot under the clock.

That sounds good to me.  I was just wanting it consistent (in some places
it said Speed, in some Timed).  In this case, it said speed more than
timed, so I defaulted to speed.  I do agree that 'Timed' is a better
term.  Although I doubt common usage of 'Speed' will ever go away (in fact,
I'll probably be saying it myself when I am 95 and still shooting)

>item 1A8 - change '100 scores' to '90 scores per bow type' (30 days times
>3 scores per day per bow type = 90)

Blaise already hit this one for me, it's just an 'example' ... Whether 1 or
100 it doesn't matter.  As far as the numbers go in the document, it was
sporatic whether digits were used, or the numbers were written out.  I just
wanted to standardize it to make it easier to read, so went with the
'standardish english rule' that double digit numbers are always written in
digits, and single digit numbers are spelled out.  With the exception in
this case of single digits that refer to a score (5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0), as
then you are actually speaking in 'math', and they again should be in digit
form.

>general - leave 'Archery' in before scorekeeper. We SHOULD know what
>scorekeeper to send the scores to but there are always a few. . . . .

Ok, sounds good.  Again I was just wanting it to be consistant, it jumped
from Scorekeeper to Archery Scorekeeper to Kingdom Archery Scorekeeper.

I guess putting Archery in there makes sense, especially with the advent of
Thrown Weapon Royal Rounds, which therefore would end up with a Thrown
Weapon Scorekeeper.

Archery Scorekeeper it is.

>general - good catch on changing 'arrow' to 'shaft' (considering you use
>the crossbow :>)  )

You knew I would catch that one.  Again though it was a case of part of the
document using 'shaft', and part of it using 'arrow'.   Wanted it standardized.

Thanks for all the help so far folks, both onlist and off.