Personal Reply Re: [Archers] New Archer Names

Siegfried Sebastian Faust eliwhite at adelphia.net
Wed May 15 10:19:34 PDT 2002

Nikolai, thanks for taking up the 'being the thorn in Ignacio's side'
reigns for me on this one ...

I don't have the energy right now, after just getting over my slight router
meets fingers accident, my father-in-law has a serious heart attack, and an
emergency triple by-pass surgery... and is now (tomorrow) moving up to live
with us for the summer (or at least some of it) ...

Anyway, thanks :)

Siegfried
(Who now has to go grab the shopvac and a caulk gun to try to head off a
winged ant invasion happening in his basement at this second)

At 12:43 PM 5/15/2002 -0400, Tom Itchkawich wrote:

>Ignacio -
>
>Now hold on a second...I do not agree that number 1 is "the easy one."  We
>are marshals, not heralds or Laurels.  I agree we might ask them about
>their name coice, or suggest they talk to a herald about it IF THEY CARE
>ABOUT REGISTERING IT.  Our job is to make sure they have fun shooting and
>be safe while doing it.  I do not agree that we should be helping them out
>with their names unless they ask us to do so.
>
>Why should we rain on their parade and not put the name they chose up on
>the RR rankings list?  It is easy enough to change it later if they change
>their name.  Back in the old days, they were a little bit more forgiving on
>names, and did not require all this fuss. Hell, its a game, and we do it
>for fun. Live and let live, and leave this stuff to the heralds if the
>person ever deals with them about it.
>
>Nikolai
>Archery Marshal, not herald

                       "Lawrence