[Archers] Draft of Archery Rules

Theodore.Shertzer at allfirst.com Theodore.Shertzer at allfirst.com
Tue Apr 30 11:13:44 PDT 2002

To All Marshals,

It is obvious that we all try to strive to improve the Level of Target Archery
in our Kingdom .

I started this debate by asking a few questions about a document that is
supposed to represent the rules and procedures that we as Atlantian Marshals are
to follow.  Yet, many of the Marshals seemed to have had no input into the
document before it was submitted and then posted for their review, and now we
are arguing./debating /discussing  items and points  that should have been
cleared up prior to submission.

 I would have assumed that there had been a committee of  several marshals who
had input when this document was written. Then presented to the body of
warranted marshals existing at the time for their review prior to submitting it.
If this all happened then I applaud the efforts taken to solidify our document.
However, it appears that we missed the mark, otherwise the discussions which
have occurred over items in this document, such as a small wrist strap, would
not now have reached the level of intensity that it did.

The document has a solid foundation, but appears to need some more work in
clarification and arrangement of the rules and guidelines.  I would assume now
that some interest has been stirred up, that it might be a good time for the KAM
to have the Warranted populace review and comment with constructive suggestions
on how this document can become a finely tuned piece of work. A document that we
as Marshals can be proud of, and will have no problem supporting it.  Amending
it now should be easier than waiting for it to be approved and trying to amend
it later.

Theodore