[Atlantia-Announce] BoD announces new COVIDSafe policy

Atlantian Seneschal seneschal at atlantia.sca.org
Tue Sep 13 18:32:06 PDT 2022

Unto the Kingdom of Atlantia does Maistir Cian, Kingdom Seneschal, send
greetings.

Today, September 13, 2022, the SCA Board of Directors formally announced a
change to the SCA’s COVIDSafe Policy.  They have decided that due to
changes in the national strategies for the COVID situation, effective
December 1, 2022 all prior requirements including social distancing,
masking, vaccinations, and testing under the COVIDSafe policy will be
lifted.  This includes any restrictions that were left to the individual
Kingdoms to determine.

This means that as of December 1, 2022, all Kingdom of Atlantia COVID
restrictions will be lifted.  Masking will not be required at University,
nor will group seneschals of groups hosting events have the authority to
require masking indoors or under group pavilions and day shades.

Individuals are allowed and encouraged to make any masking decisions that
they feel comfortable with.  The populace is also encouraged to
self-monitor for any symptoms similar to COVID, and to abstain from events
if they are not feeling well.  Likewise, if you are at an event and begin
developing symptoms, you are encouraged to leave the event.

Their Majesties, Their Highnesses, and I all understand that this change
may not be welcomed by some members, and we empathize with you.  However,
this was a decision made at the Society level, not the Kingdom.

The Society President and the Society Seneschal have retained the ability
to reenact any or all parts of the COVIDSafe policy, should circumstances
require.

The following disclaimer is still required to appear on all event notices,
flyers, online announcements, and advertisements, as well as being posted
in multiple locations (including gate) at any and all SCA-sponsored
functions going forward:

*Although the SCA complies with all applicable laws to ensure the health
and safety of our event participants, we cannot eliminate the risk of
exposure to infectious diseases during** in-person events. By participating
in the in-person events of the SCA, you acknowledge and accept the
potential risks. You agree to take any additional steps to protect your own
health and safety and those under your control as you believe to be
necessary.*

Please keep in mind that the current Covid policies of the Kingdom of
Atlantia remain in effect until December 1, 2022.

Questions, comments or concerns should be sent directly to president at sca.org
and seneschal at sca.org, or your Kingdom’s Board Ombudsman
<https://www.sca.org/about/officers/>.

Link to the SCA announcement:

https://www.sca.org/news/board-resolution-amendment-to-covidsafe-policy-effective-1-december-2022/
---
Maistir Cian
Craig Dooley
Seneschal, Kingdom of Atlantia
seneschal at atlantia.sca.org
(803) 386-1138 NLT 10 pm

*"If you make listening and observation your occupation you will gain much
more than you can by talk."*
*Lord Robert Baden-Powell*