[Atlantia-Announce] Atlantian Spring Crown Tournament Missive to the Combatant and Consorts

Darrell Newman d_j_newman at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 25 11:40:21 PDT 2022

This missive is directed to the Combatants and Consortsattending Atlantian Spring Crown Tournament,

We, myself as the Autocrat included, can only imaging theemotional rollercoaster that you are about to embark on.  If there is anything that my staff or I can doto make your journey less stressful, please do not hesitate to ask.  Below are some planning notes to hopefullymake your day a little less stressful.

-         Arriveearly, the Gate Opens at 8 AM.  Recommendthat you check-in with the Gate first, we will have a separate line open forthe Combatants and Consorts to speed you through the process.  (I will be on site Friday evening, you arewelcome to set up your pavilion any time after 3PM, or any time after 8AM onSaturday)

-         Please unloadyour stuff and go park your car before beginning set up.  We have over 35 field space requests, and alimited space around the field.  Everyonewill be arriving between 8–11 AM to setup and if you delay in moving yourvehicle, then you make someone else waiting to unload and set up stress.  Please don’t be “That Guy”.  I will have roving staff on the edge of thefield encouraging folks to unload and move their vehicles, please work withthem.

-         Check inwith the MoL at your earliest convenience, the MoL’s will be eager to confirmthe combatant’s presence in the event that they have to make any changes to thetournament list.

-         Morning Court begins at 1030 AM.  At HRM direction, The Procession will beginpromptly at 11AM (or immediately at the end of Morning Court).  Youmust be checked in with the Gate; Checked in with the MoL; have had your armorinspected, and lined up for the procession by 1100AM (please planaccordingly).

-         Procession, we have 29 combatants to process, pleasemake sure that those who herald yourprocession keep is short and to the point.

-         The tournament will begin at 1130 (or immediatelyafter procession), be prepared toreceive your instructions and pairing from HRM and the Kingdom Earl Marshal,and take the field.

-         I expect that the day will be very warm, you must hydrate, and that does notbegin when you step on the field.  Basedon the tournament rules, this will be a day of skill and endurance.  Becoming a heat casualty will wreck yourendurance.

Again, these are just a few planning factors to help yourthought process.  If there is anythingthat we can do to aid you, please let us know. Lastly, I echo their Majesties inwishing all of you good fortune and our thanks for your willingness to servethe Kingdom.

YIS

Adelric Falke

(MKA) Darrell Newman

Autocrat, Atlantian Spring Crown Tournament