[Atlantia-Announce] Retainers Needed: Warriors' Games

Marie Marshall marieismarshall at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 10:44:21 PDT 2021

 As our newly crowned King and Queen travel among the populace, you may
notice that they are almost never alone. Typically there is at least one
gentle tagging along behind. Often they will be found carrying a large
pouch or basket, goblet, cloak, parasol, or fan. During courts, they are
standing behind the thrones, seeing to the comfort of Their Royal Person.
These good folks are retainers, and they are imperative to preserving both
the pageantry of the SCA, and the sanity of our Crowns.

Retainers take notes and gather contact information on any gifts that are
presented so that Their Majesties can respond with a proper thank you. They
remind the Monarchs about Their schedule, and keep them on "better than
SCA" time. A retainer is sometimes asked to fetch items or locate
individuals with whom the monarchs would like to speak, or carry things so
that their Majesties hands are always free for Kingdom business and needs.
At their core, a retainer is meant to see that our King and Queen are
comfortable and safe.

For those interested in serving both Crown and Kingdom as a retainer for
Their Majesties, you are invited to join the Retainer Facebook Group (
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1692325437630553 ) or by reaching out to
His Majesties Head Retainer, Lady Marie Marschalc, at
marieismarshallATgmail.com or Her Majesties Head Retainer,  Duchess Seonaid
ni Fhionn, at duchessseonaidATyahoo.com. We are presently looking for
retainers for this weekend's upcoming event in the Barony of Hidden
Mountain: Warriors' Games.