[Atlantia-Announce] Just Imagine

jaycee peters jay_wynne at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 18 22:10:56 PDT 2020

It is late.  The last embers of the fire are dying and the guitar has left its last notes floating on the air.  It has been a long day.  But despite the long drive, the lousy traffic and a dead cell phone, you have arrived.  The Travelers Fare has filled you, the company at your table pleasant and excited.
Then you trudge up the hill to your camp, haul out your favorite traveling chair and listen to the sound of music, storytelling and quiet conversation.  You have arrived at Trial by Fire sponsored by the Cooks Guild of the Barony of Bright Hills Atlantia.
Tomorrow you will compete with several other fine cooks from the Knowne World in hopes of presenting a dish that will knock the judges socks off.  But now, you yawn, say your goodnights to the few remaining gentles, and tumble in to you cot.  The night air is cool so you wrap yourself up in in a the sleeping bad and blankets from home and drift off to sleep.
Perhaps you may dream of sugared plums?
Sit back good gentles, close your eyes, and dream.
It is my fervent prayer that we will meet next year and continue a tradition that is over twenty years old.
I hope to "hear" from you all about your cooking experience.
Be well...Wynne