[Atlantia-Announce] Defending the Gate

Jennifer Hofstee sara.jennifer at me.com
Sat Mar 14 08:59:58 PDT 2020

Greetings Atlantia,

  It is with a great deal of confidence in our decision that I announce our determination to cancel Defending the Gate scheduled for 28 March 2020.  Over the last 48 hours I have been in contact with our Canton’s officers and members of my event staff; we have been closely following all announcements made by the Federal Government, State of Virginia, SCA, and Kingdom.

  Based on all available information and guidance, we feel that it would be an unnecessary level of risk and counter to all efforts to slow down or contain the spread of the COVID-19 Virus, and no one wants to put our chosen family at risk.

  I would like to assure you that throughout this process, we have been communicating and watching the situation evolve to help inform this decision.  We hope that you will all follow appropriate safety guidance and keep your family and friends safe during this crisis.  It is also our sincere hope that you will join us for Defending the Gate next year.

YIS
Adelric Falke
Darrell J. Newman
Autocrat