[Atlantia-Announce] A Message from TRM Atlantia

Diane Stevens duchessluned at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 06:05:07 PDT 2020

Greetings Atlantia,

The past few weeks have brought many disturbing issues to light, on top of
a situation that is already stressful and challenging. Many of you may be
aware that, in some kingdoms, expressions of intolerance and hate have
appeared in associated Kingdom forums, offices, or in connection with an
individual’s SCA persona or profile. We are grateful and appreciative that
Atlantia has not exhibited such abject disrespect for others, but the
examples displayed in other kingdoms give Us great concern.

We have always considered Atlantia to be an extraordinary kingdom, where
tolerance, acceptance and inclusion are the standard, rather than the
exception. Atlantia must continue to hold fast to the best ideals of the
human condition: nobility, compassion, and honor. Our actions and words are
important; they are the facets by which each of us is measured. We are a
group, a kingdom, a society, but at the end of the day, we are people.  As
individuals, we are responsible for what we say, what we do, and how we say
and do it. No one else can be blamed or assigned for our choices;
accountability begins and ends with us.

As Monarchs, We are accountable to you; We took an oath to serve Atlantia,
and to act in its’ best interests.  The interests of Atlantia are not best
served by tolerating or fostering an atmosphere of hostility,
discrimination, or bias by any of Our people, or in Our forums and social
media. While We respect that each person is entitled to their own unique
viewpoint, expressing a viewpoint that promotes hatred, bullying, or
intolerance of others, will not be accepted. Should these types of
communications be publicized by an Atlantian citizen in any SCA-related
forum, social media, or in conjunction or association with an SCA name,
office, or profile, We will act in the swiftest and most severe manner
available to Us as Monarchs to resolve the issue.

So, Atlantia, be thoughtful and mindful before you communicate. If you have
concerns about whether your words are harmful, talk to people whose
judgment you trust before releasing that communication. Ultimately,
however, you will be the one held accountable for what you express. We
trust and have confidence that We will never be called upon to take such
punitive actions. Please, do not break that trust.

Anton, Rex                   Luned, Regina