[Atlantia-Announce] Skewered! Event Cancelled - Virtual Alternative

Nyvein bat Rav Adam nyvein.bat.ravadam at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 10:05:10 PDT 2020

Hello all,

Our summer event Skewered! taking place on June 6, 2020, has been
cancelled. However, we have created a virtual alternative! See below for
details.

has had to adapt. We hope that people will participate in our virtual
contest! Virtual Skewered! Design Contest:

Although pestilence travels across our lands, join the Shire of Roxbury
Mill in a design contest to celebrate the best of their annual summer
Skewered! event. Artists can compete by submitting designs that they feel
capture the Shire’s annual event, to be used on t-shirts and tote bags for
genuine Skewered! merchandise. The designs will be displayed on the Shire
website and voted on by the Atlantian populace; two winners’ designs will
be selected and will be available for purchase online. Children are
encouraged to submit designs for Skewered! stickers that will be voted on
by the Atlantian populace. The children’s sticker winner will also be
available to purchase.

Even though we cannot gather together to stab and poke our friends this
year, we hope that Atlantians will take this opportunity to be creative,
support their artist friends, and create a t-shirt to be the envy of the
kingdom! In addition we encourage the children of Atlantia to create a
design for decal stickers to show off their creative side. The deadline for
submissions is June 6th, after which designs will be publicized on the
Shire of Roxbury Mill website and voting will become available via a Google
Forms link. Winners will be announced live virtually on June 20th, and
merchandise purchase links will become available.

If you are interested in participating, please submit a design (saved in
.png file format) via email to skewered.roxburymill at gmail.com. Please
include with your submission your SCA name and chapter, a completed
creative use release form, and a few sentences on the inspiration for your
design. For any children artists, they must also include their SCA
membership number, or complete the children’s activities release form and
return it. Any submitted design will be posted/publicized for voting
purposes. Release forms and waivers can be found on
http://roxburymill.atlantia.sca.org/skewered-2020/

THL Nyvein bat Rav Adam
(formerly Nyvein Dyfnawal)
Shire Seneschal