[Atlantia-Announce] Rules for The Wild Hunt in Ponte Alto this Saturday

Duo Maxwell sweaty_wookie at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 8 19:25:42 PDT 2019

WILD HUNT RULES:
We've had questions about how the Hunt works, so I am here to clarify. Though the Master of the Hunt is an agent of chaos, stealing mortals away into fairy-land by sweeping them up in his hunt, he does abide by some rules.
The Huntsman's purpose: To steal away our populace to join his Wild Hunt.
The Huntsman's methods: He and his hunters will challenge our mortal friends in many ways. Challenges may be in combat, in races, in winning board games. Last year challenges included tug-of-war, arm wrestling, thumb wrestling, and Rock-Paper-Scissors (see the MoL to get authorized in Rock, Paper, and Scissors). There will be Stabbing for Apples, the Viking game "jomswikinger" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8M5m0xySzc), and our dancing master has a few challenges for those light of foot.
For the mortals who are challenged: You may refuse a challenge, if you think it completely impossible, or likely to injure you. But you may only refuse twice. A third refusal means you automatically join the Hunt.
If the mortal wins a challenge: You may not be challenged again by the same Huntsman, but you may be challeged by any other Huntsman - and rest assured, the challenges will not stop until the Wild Hunt has made you it's own.
If the mortal loses a challenge: You become a member of the Hunt! See the Master of the Hunt, or go to our Troll tent, and you'll receive an armband to signify that you are now a Huntsman. Then go out and challenge all who remain mortals, and make them join the hunt, too!
For the Huntsmen who lose challenges: You may not challenge the same mortal again, but you may call upon the entirety of the Hunt to come and challenge the mortal you lost to, until the mortal loses and must join the hunt. We are strong as a pack!
For the Huntsmen who win challenges and bring mortals into the Hunt: Take the one you just beat to the Troll tent or to the Master of the Hunt, where they will receive an armband, and you will receive a bead to add to your armband. Each bead represents one person you've brought into the hunt, so bring as many as you can. The Huntsman who brings the most in will win a prize!
At the end of the day:  We will see if any have escaped the Hunt. If any have, they will be honored as clever and resourceful mortals (and will be marked for more stringent challenging next year). ;)
We will also see which hunter has brought the most people into the hunt. They will be honored as a clever and skilled hunter, and take home Extreme Bragging Rights, and the Master's hunting horn as prize and token of their prowess (being required to bring it back next year so we can pass it on to the next best hunter).
Lastly, we will ask you please return the armbands and beads to the Master of the Hunt, so that we may use them the next year.

Good luck! May you survive The Hunt!
-Lady Ailleann O'Meighan

Event Flyer - Kingdom of Atlantia, SCA Inc

|  |
Event Flyer - Kingdom of Atlantia, SCA Inc

Christopher MacConing

This is the website of the Kingdom of Atlantia. Part of the Society for Creative Anachronism.

https://www.facebook.com/events/342745746609110/

|  |
The Wild Hunt