[Atlantia-Announce] Founders Inn Contract

ragnarr blackhammer dukeragnarr at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 2 08:38:19 PDT 2019

Unto the people of Atlantia do King Ragnarr and Queen Lynette send greetings on this warm Spring day.
In the spirit of transparency that We have tried to maintain throughout the reign We wanted to let the Kingdom know that the financial committee has approved the breaking of the Twelfth Night Contract with the Founders Inn for the next two years. There are many reasons that factored into the contract being broken and they were all discussed in detail previously. When the contract was broken the Founders Inn kept the 1000.00 dollars deposit that it was already in possession of and the Kingdom mailed them a check for 4515.70 for a total of 5515.70 payed out to the Founders Inn representing a 10% penalty for each year of the contract that was left.
Windmaster's Hill has already graciously donated from their baronial coffers toward the amount. We were also told that a couple other baronies are considering donating money as well and will be bringing it up at their next baronial meeting. If any barony wants to donate to help cover this amount it is always greatly appreciated but is also not required in any way. We do know that different baronies have different levels of financial ability and different pulls on their groups finances.
Also if any private citizens of Atlantia approve of this decision and want to help they are welcome to donate as well. The money was paid out of the general fund and any donation made to the Kingdom that isn't specifically earmarked (something like the travel fund) goes directly into the general fund. If you have any questions We recommend contacting either your local group exchequer or if that doesn't work for some reason the Kingdom Exchequer to make sure whatever type of fundraiser and/or donating is done within Kingdom Financial Policy. The money has already been sent at this point so any donations will just be covering the amount that went out. Therefore there isn't a huge rush to have to fundraise or donate immediately if that creates a hardship for anyone.
We bring this to your attention so that no one feels they weren't informed about the decision, the costs, etc. The Event Bid Committee will be taking bids for Twelfth Night 2020 until July 1st for any who may be interested in putting in a bid. If you have any questions about what goes into putting in a bid for an event like Twelfth Night then contact the Event Bid Committee with any questions. We want to thank the Financial Committee for making the hard decision on this and look forward to a great Twelfth Night in 2020.
In service to Atlantia,
Ragnarr & Lynette
   Rex    &   Regina