[Atlantia-Announce] Up comming A&S competitions

Carrie Hulsing marissghijs at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 09:06:32 PST 2018

Good Morning Artists of Atlantia.

 We have some great competitions and opportunities for you to create and
display stuff coming up in the new year. I'm going to list the Kingdom
sponsored competitions for this coming Winter and Spring so that you all
have some time to prepare. These competitions are in addition to the ones
being offered by the events staff, so make sure you check out the event
pages and websites for additional information.

Kingdom 12th Night - January 11-13
Tempore Atlantia 1500-1600 . "Prizes Best in Show" Any "item" from any
culture but the inspiration must date from between 1500 to 1600
documentation required, there will also be a display only space provided.
Lyseum Atlantia Sign up - This is a unique opportunity for you to receive
in depth, face to face expert feed-back on your work and research. Here is
how it works. You sign up at 12th Night and provide a 1-2 page written
brief about your entry. All we need is an outline at this point. Then bring
your finished piece to Kingdom Arts and Sciences Faire and we will arrange
for 2-4 experts to review your work, with you, in an unjudged interview.
This opportunity is limited to the first 6 entrants.

Kingdom Arts and Sciences Fair- March 2

Traditionally the office of the KMoAS does not sponsor a competition at the
Faire, there is a lot going on already anyway. This year however, we are
asking interested artist to help up come up with a "token" award to be
given out for "Best Documentation" for the Cultura Atlantia Competitions.
This token can be of any medium or artistic style but it must be wearable
on or about the person (examples might be a medallion or belt favor, a
garter or pilgrims badge, a left sock any thing you can come up with). We
ask that the token portray the fact that the award is through the office of
the MoAS of Atlantia and for "Best Documentation" in the Cultura Atlantia
competition. Provide ONE such token for the competition. The winning
entrant will receive a cash stipend to help defray the cost of making 12
more pieces. contact me Carrie Hulsing with any questions.
Spring Coronation April 5-7
Cultura Atlantia- Carnival vs Lent -This Springs "Culture" will spotlight
the material culture surrounding the celebration of Carnival and the
observance of Lent. Two prizes will be awarded "Their Majesties Choice" (it
is their day after all) and "Best Documentation"

Fall Crown May 3-5
Tempore Atlantia - Pre- History to 1000

"Prizes Best in Show" Any "item" from any culture but the inspiration must
date from between pre-history to the year 1000 ce documentation required,
there will also be a display only space provided.
As always groups, individuals, households and guilds are encouraged to
offer secondary prizes in conjunction with any competition just let me know
what you want to sponsor a prize for and we can work out the details. You
can find all the information about the upcoming competitions at
https://sites.google.com/site/atlantianascompetitions/
<https://sites.google.com/site/atlantianascompetitions/?fbclid=IwAR0Caw_hKHObHiaGyWp1CPkjOr_JKM0dIjsjudNJfpzmyPoo9g7xov79jic>

I cant wait to see what y'all make
Mariss Ghijs Competitions Deputy. MoAS Atlantia

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>