[Atlantia-Announce] A&S Displays announcements and information for WoW

Arnora in Rauda lady.arnora.in.rauda at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 07:24:07 PDT 2018

Unto the most Noble Populace of the Kingdom of Atlantia, our Friends,
Guests, and Foreign Dignitaries, come Greetings from Lady Ellisif
Gydasdottir. War of the Wings approaches quickly and with it come wonderful
opportunities for artisans to display their work. This year we will have a
display theme each day, and invite you to join us in celebrating the work
that creates such amazing art.

*Thursday: Document it!*
Documentation is often mentioned as a stumbling block for those interested
in competing or displaying Arts and Sciences. This open display is focused
on documentation for all areas of Arts & Sciences in the SCA. Please bring
your items and display the documentation prominently. In addition, there
will be sheet available (and attached below) for you to include as a “what
I like, what I don’t, and what I learned” during this documentation process.

*Friday: Crossing Cultures*
Chose two pieces with a unifying element from different times and/or places
and display them together! Some examples may be a Roman hair piece and a
15th century English one, a Viking tablet woven band and a 16th century
Italian one, a scroll inspired by Chinese art and one inspired by German
art, etc. Please include documentation noting the unifying element. A
sample form is attached below.

*Saturday: Celebrating the Journey*
Each artisan began somewhere, and those first attempts to learn a new skill
are a wonderful opportunity to celebrate your growth as well as inspire
newcomers. Please display one of your first works in a skill or science
along with a recent work. If you would like to include in between pieces,
please do so! A sample “how did I grow” form is attached below for use.

Please feel free to ask any questions!
Yours in service,
Lady Ellisif
http://warofthewings.com/competitions.html