[Atlantia-Announce] A&S at Highland River Melees - a summary

Janina Krakowska janina.krakowska at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 19:46:07 PDT 2018

Arts and Sciences at Highland River Melees - Insurrection! An Overview

We have a Throwback contest. We have a Display with a prize of all things
Highland Foorde. We have a Bardic contest. We have a Chainmail contest. We
have a Brewing contest. A Solar will be held as well to encourage A&S
geeking of all kinds.

THROWBACK! There is a competitions that celebrates  a throwback to your
favorite fun A&S subject from the past. Populace judging with be the first
cut, with baronial selection being the final determinate. Bribes might be
useful. Keep it light and keep it funny – it will be too hot for it to be
serious! Throw your mind back to when you started playing with A&S and go
for it! Documentation is stating the premise, about when it happened, and,
if not Atlantia, where. Make it East/Atlantia if it would have been
Atlantia but it was before the great divide. As an example the recent
similar but more elaborate competition was the Disney inspired one.

DISPLAY (with a prize!) There will also be a display of things Highland
Foorde - past, current, and future. A&S coordinator's choice gets a
surprise thank you.

BARDIC, BARDIC, BARDIC!  There will be a Bardic competition with the theme
– Bardic Madness come to Atlantia.  Detailed information can be found at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NLxHgppcTzW0g0Y-ZgD-6hs78DgdPPiIIiH3wT3sNgw/edit

BREWING!! HRM will be hosting a homebrewing competition for 2018. The two
main
categories will be Ale/Beer/Lager and Cordials. There will also be a
special entry category: Heather Ales. It wouldn’t be the Highlands withouta
heather ale, now would it?

Ribbons will be awarded to the best brews in each category with special
recognition for the best Heather Ale.

Judging will be based on Atlantian Arts and Science criteria for Brewing,
Vinting and Infusions which can be found here  <
http://moas.atlantia.sca.org/judging/brewing.htm>.

Entry forms are here: Brewers Guild Competition Form

CREATIVITY WITH CHAINMAIL!  Baron Fergus is sponsoring a contest
challenging your creative use of chainmail There are three categories:
Armor, Jewelry, and the ever popular Other. Documentation is encouraged but
not required.

Baroness Janina Krakowska

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>