[Atlantia-Announce] CULTURA ATLANTIA COMPETITION AT CORONATION!

Janina Krakowska via Announce announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Fri Sep 15 08:42:28 PDT 2017

CULTURA ATLANTIA – IN HONOR OF OUR MONARCHS!

A REMINDER from your KA&S Deputy for Competitions, Janina Krakowska.

Coronation is nearly upon us! University is tomorrow! So much inspiration
for your passion and projects.  Coronation promises to be a spectacular
event of pomp and circumstance. Are YOU nearly ready with your entry to
either the competition portion or the display portion of the Cultura
Atlantia?

Below are the details of the Cultura Atlantia.  If you have any questions,
please contact me at dmoas-tempore AT atlantia.sca.org.

Upon the occasion of the Coronation of Amos and Kara, rightful Heirs to the
thrones of Atlantia, there will be a prestigious Competition celebrating
the culture of our beloved rulers.  HRH Amos has set the theme as Richard
I's rescue of his sister from Sicily in 1190. He has written a short
history. This will be available from the Coronation website.  Praise and
treasure will be due to the winner of the competition. And all who
participate will contribute to the glory of the Coronation of our rulers.

Along with the competition, there will be a Display of similar items for
those wish to share them with us all.  For those viewing the Cultura,
please leave comments for these fine people.

The prize for this competition is a pair of wax tablets worked together as
a book. I encourage all those viewing both the competition and especially
the display to bring small token of appreciation for the artists. You can
encourage the development of artists and show your admiration of their work.

The call also goes out for those who will share a part of their day and
help evaluate and judge the entries. The artisans/scientists and I thank
you for serving our fair Kingdom.

The judging will use the forms and criteria found at:
http://moas.atlantia.sca.org/judging/

You may wish to review the criteria so you understand what is looked for.
Documentation is a separate line item in judging, so please at least us the
EZ Doc form to avoid a zero for this element.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to journey south to attend this
auspicious occasion. Our KMoAS Etienne Le Mons is graciously filling in for
me and I am very grateful!

In Service to Atlantia, Her Heirs, Her Populace, and the Arts and Sciences!

Baroness Janina Krakowska

Deputy MOAS