[Atlantia-Announce] Crown Tournament Notes

Craig via Announce announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Thu May 4 14:23:52 PDT 2017

Unto the good populace of Atlantia, greetings from Cian Triton,
Principal Herald of Atlantia!

This weekend, the heirs to Their Majesties will be chosen through an
arduous and exciting tournament.  All will be on the edge of their seats
to see who will emerge as the victorious Prince and Princess of Atlantia!

A couple of things to note.

The procession will start at 10:30 am.  Please, be ready before that
time.  I will ask for a representative from each combatant to meet field
side at 10 am, to go over the order of the procession, so everyone knows
where they are going and when.

Their Majesties have decreed that the procession will be in OP order,
with the highest ranked fighter going first, then the next, and so on.
Don't worry, I have the list with everyone's numbers, so you don't have
to figure it out!

The heralds will call you in one at a time to process in wearing your
glorious garb and heraldry, and your amazing herald speaking of your
virtues and occasionally smack-talking others.  Please make your
procession relatively short, as we have 40 fighters to process in, and
we need to make sure to get the fighting in before sundown!

Though you will come in individually, it will be in groups of 4.  As
each combatant and consort comes in, Their Majesties will greet you, and
ask you to stand to one side.  When all four are present, you will then
draw tokens to determine which field you will fight on for the
preliminaries.  After that is done, you may go forth to arm yourself and
prepare for combat, as the next 4 combatants are called forth.

As you are waiting your turn for the procession, Their Majesties invite
you to either watch from the sidelines, or feel free to remain under
your day shade to stay out of the sun.  I would also be remiss if I did
not channel my Peer, and remind everyone to stay well hydrated!

Once the procession is done, Their Majesties will have words once again
with all of the fighters, and then the combat will begin at the word of
Their Majesties and the marshals.  Please listen for your name to be
called by the tournament heralds, so there are no undue delays.

In summary, I will meet with a representative of each combatant at 10 at
the side of the field.  Just look for me, I'm hard to miss.  The
procession will begin promptly at 10:30!

Good luck to all fighters and their consorts!