[Atlantia-Announce] A Letter from Bruce regarding Night on the Town: Night of the Tartan

Lynda via Announce announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Fri Mar 10 06:17:29 PST 2017

On behalf of Bruce, I am sharing this letter...

Greetings to the Kingdom of Atlantia, the Barony of Lochmere and my home Clan of “Smeewick”

The travels I have endured have been long and arduous, but soon I will be on my way back to you, my dearest friends….

I am looking forward to my return and the knowledge that the clan has planned to show off their incredible skills in the Arts and Sciences, not to mention all the other games in honor of my homecoming.

To be sure I am looking forward to seeing the entries, particularly the Lochmere Signature Drink competition sponsored by Her Excellency Lochmere for the Baronial Cocktail. As all good competitions, there must be a way to have one stand above the rest….

1) Taste – ah, but of course it has to taste good
2) We like to do things right, so at least one main period ingredient. The more authentic, the better, but do not sacrifice taste for accuracy. See rule number 1….
3) We want to shout out the name for all to hear and know that it came from our dear Barony! Come up with a name…Bonus for a catchy Lochmere theme

I know there are so many that I have yet to meet since my journeys have kept me away for so long. I want to see what these Newcomers have been up too and how they have made our lands more special for being here…So we shall have Novice Competitions…
One competition for those who are new to the lands and have been in the SCA for less than a year.

But be sure we have not forgotten everyone else…If you have a new art or have learned a new skill within the last year, regardless of how long you’ve been with us, Show It Off!

Show me what you have learned in my absence!

And of course, no competition would be complete without representing something near and dear to me heartstrings…..Celtic Knots. Be sure, I don’t care how, but make me something accurate with a Celtic knot in it. By all that is right and holy, it will bring joy to my heart.

I look forward to my return to the Barony of Lochmere and my dear Clan Smeewick.

Yours,

Bruce