[Atlantia-Announce] 20th Annual Children's Fete 8/9 10AM-1PM in the Great Hall at Pennsic

Jacintha of Highland Foorde via Announce announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Mon Jul 31 09:24:59 PDT 2017

Parents:

Pray attend, good gentles all. King Cuan and Queen Signy, gracious Monarchs
of Atlantia, extend an invitation to the children of the Knowne World to
attend the *Twentieth Annual Knowne World Children’s Fête* at Pennsic XLVI.
The Fête is to be at 10 AM to 1 PM on Wednesday of War Week, A.S. LII
(modernly known as August 9, 2017) in the Great Hall. This event is
designed for children ages four and older.

Preregistration will be available beginning at 9 AM at the Great Hall.
After preregistration, please come to Youth Pointe (at the Playground) for
a *Parade* to the Great Hall. The parade will begin promptly at 9:45 AM. A
limited (Sorry!) number of Kazoos will be provided. Banners made on Monday
at Youth Pointe shall be waved!

In keeping with previous years, the morning will be filled with a variety
of arts and crafts, ongoing activities and live performances to amuse and
delight. We may have some activities that involve water, so please make
sure your young ones are dressed appropriately. There will be a light snack
and drinks available for children and their parents.

Parents and Guardians, please note that you must remain with your child at
the Fête. Due to the large numbers of children that attend, organizers
cannot be responsible for food allergies or other health issue. We ask that
children do not bring personal articles with them as the organizers will
not be responsible for lost, broken or stolen items and sad faces.

Potential Volunteers Needed:

Volunteers are always needed for the Fête! We have need of gentles that
want to sponsor their own activity or help with activities that need
additional people. Gentles are needed to set up and help clean up and also
to provide general help (i.e., signing in children, relief staff, etc.). We
can never have too many people helping. We ask that volunteers be at The
Great Hall at 9 am for set up, and clean up should be done by 2 pm. *Volunteers
who will be registering children, please come to the Great Hall around 8:30
for training!* Please consider giving your time to ensure the children have
a magnificent time! We request that you wear something pink to honor the
Fête’s founder, Duchess Arielle of Atlantia.

If you would like to help or need additional information, contact Lady
Jacintha at youth at atlantia.sca.org, or on-site camping with Finis Terra in
B09, at the corner of Too Damn Far Road and Ledevoe Poboische. This will
surely be another fun-filled, festive occasion for the children of the
Knowne World. Please remember that without the generous volunteers who give
of their time and energy each year, the party would not happen.
If you are ready to volunteer, here's the link to sign up to help at the
Children's Fete at Pennsic! https://goo.gl/forms/QWVWY0FfQX514FzY2
Volunteers may join the Fête's volunteer group at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/PennsicChildrensFete/
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/PennsicChildrensFete/?fref=mentions> or

Set up begins at 9 AM sharp, with cleanup until 2 PM. Small children (and
their parents) still in the Hall at 1:05 PM shall be pressed into service.

Questions? Please contact Lady Jacintha at youth at atlantia.sca.org

Please cross post to local pages and email lists.
Lady Jacintha of Highland Foorde
Kingdom Chancellor of Family and Youth Activities
Kingdom of Atlantia
Per fess argent and azure, a sprig of harebells azure slipped and leaved
vert and a compass rose argent
youth at atlantia.sca.org

*       Nam in dando recipimus      *
* For it is in giving that we receive *